TRS19 SP5 Beta 119543 has Serious Issues

A few weeks ago Mr.H posted a list of languages and the progress for each one in translation. I seem to remember Italian was one of the least translated so far with French and German being more advanced. There were none complete so I guess pegaso is right having sacked their translators they are now deeply mired in we know what.

Il 19/2/2022 alle 22:07, DennR ha scritto:

I guess pegaso is right having sacked their translators

They have no in-house translators: every time they need to localise a new version, they launch an appeal in the national forums, until they find some fool who thinks he could help the community. They did so for TS2009 and T:ANE, and now are looking for other volunteers. For some unfathomable reasons, the wonderful experience of working with N3Vs leaves the translator so overwhelmed he is unable to repeat it. It looks like they have exhausted the not-so-great number of English-speaking Italian fools :mrgreen:.

In ancient times (2003 or 2004) the Italian distributor of Trainz 2004 made an attempt to translate the interface. Several TZIT members spent a day in Milan trying to explain them the peculiarities of the railway to with the translators (which duly ignored their advice :mrgreen:).

:ciao:

Well we now have the first patch for TRS19 SP5 (official release) and it is to fix the translation "bug". :boing: The release seems to have fixed some of the issues I had with SP4 but one improvement has proved to be a bit of a problem. :classic_sad: The experts have given the compass an overhaul and it is so dense and not at translucent that if I use it to find an object I then have to zoom in and move it out the way so I can work on the object. The zoom setting when the compass starts to disappear is so close to the object that it becomes a hinderance to working in Surveyor.:testa:

I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a ploy to encourage us to take out subscriptions and see if working in the super new surveyor is any better. N3V have failed if that was their plan because I will live with the two or three extra mouse clicks to move the compass away from where I am working but this is another case of if it isn't broke why have you fixed it:bho:

This beautiful Compass is placed over a trackmark

compass.png.8697c6916caba9ec1358f3a1b22d916b.png

Well we have SP5 and now we have an update to SP5. It is obvious we needed a "Final Final Final Release Candidate" before SP5 because is only lasted 5 days before the update a major part of this update is to try and fix the  very bad translations as well as reversing the decision to remove the anti aliasing options. That was a unilateral Australian decision that back fired as soon as it was released. Clearly a part of the mission statement 

On 3/3/2022 at 2:32 PM, UP844 said:

"If it works, break it" :mrgreen:.

Is this SP 5 1/2? :rotfl:.

The world record, however, still remains with a TRS2004 SP (I don't remember if it was SP2 or SP3) which was released with the usual pomp and circumstance... and then was withdrawn 24 hours later because it solved a few issues but broke many more :mrgreen:.

• 2 weeks later...

The hot fix o provide translations and to replace antialiasing is released and yes the antialiasing is back but to quote the release notes for the translations "Known Issues:
Certain updated localisation strings remain untranslated.
Some users are reporting issues with portals and Enhanced Interlocking Towers." So translations not fixed and portals / interlocking towers broken. Another great fix fully in line with the corporate mission statement above.

Bob