Custom GG1 Cab for Whitepass GG1 models

I may have notified Whitepass on the Trainz Discussion Forums a while back about the one problem with his GG1 models.  I honestly love his GG1 models and I think they're great since they're superior in detail than the old Auran GG1s that came before them.  The problem is that the "gen gg" interior originally made by Auran is too low for Whitepass's GG1 models and no height adjustment of any kind is done to allow such interiors to fit in perfectly.

In these screenshots, I did a side-by-side shot of two identical GG1 models to show how the generic Auran interior in the one GG1 doesn't match up its neighbor.  

I attempted to clone and repair the old generic GG1 interior to put on the DLS, but I usually get confused and frustrated to the point of cancelling the project since I don't have a lot of experience in repairing old interiors.  I'm not sure if anyone out there is making a GG1 interior whether it's custom or do a better job of repairing the generic interior for heigh adjustment, but I feel that the this great GG1 model would be better off with a corrected height cab.  

2023-06-18 191804.jpg

2023-06-18 191810.jpg

2023-06-18 191947.jpg

• Like 1

Note: When I said "repair", I meant Auran never made a newer build version of the same interior.  This is the thing I struggle with besides figuring out the correct height although I did good with lowering Davesnow's interiors to fit in Jointed Rail and Sporbust diesels in the past.

• Like 1

Hi Trainmaster

I'm really not at the best in modifying the config, but I think the positioning of the interior depends on the position of the a.cabfron - a.cabback points.

Maybe someone can test if there's a way to correct the matter.

Best ALM

Hi Jon,

the standard and quickest method to bring the cab to the correct height is to edit the position of the a.cabfront and a.cabback points.

This can be accomplished by changing their position in the 3D modeling software (but you need the source model) or by making use of IM Editor, which can be downloaded from N3V's website (I'm not at home now, so I cannot provide a link). 

Both the above methods, however, involve editing the GG1 mesh, so they will work on your GG1 but cannot be shared unless a modified GG1 is released. 

I think you could try cloning the cab and adding a "position" tag to the main mesh of the interior to have it rendered at a higher level. You might also have to edit the values of the various cab views in the "cameralist" container. 

I never used this method, but I think it should work. 

:ciao:

• Like 1

The cab height issue is somewhat puzzling, since Whitepass himself made a custom object Cab tool, <KUID:58422:100036>, which should be quite handy as a tool to solve such issues before releasing a locomotive :bho:.

Currently I have very little time to spare, but I will investigate the issue (the GG1 certainly deserves a better cab).

:ciao: