Rollins Pass

Please, where on earth can the Rollins Pass Route be found?? I see it talked about here, and on Auran, but only one very old link exists to the old Trainzitalia site. I can't find it in Downloads here. Somebody else asked the same question on a post but never got an answer. Is it a secret? 

Tim

9 minutes ago, DennR said:

The route and sessions are currently being updated with some replacement rolling stock and fixes to assets that are made faulty by updates to Trainz.

The new version will be added to the download section on TZIT when complete.

Thank you very much, sir!

Tim

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only U.S. route available for download here is the "Sherman Hill 2.1a", which was made in TS12 build 61388. It should work in TRS19, with the exception of some assets. We plan to release an updated version but unfortunately real life has its ways to interfere with our beloved hobby.

The update of the Rollins Pass route does not only involve uploading the old files: a substantial amount of work has been carried out to remove all the bugs reported by users when the first version was released and to make the route as faithful as possible to the Rollins Pass area in the 1910s.

:ciao:

When we released the old Rollins Pass, we tried to keep the number of CDP files as low as possible.

This meant to pack lots of content in each CDP, as they contained many custom-made structures for the various settlements along the route, as well as the entire locomotive and rolling stock roster for the D&NWP. We received many complaints from U.S. users who had trouble downloading these huge CDP files (1+ GB). We then decided to re-package them in more manageable size and to give the route a thorough refit, adding new features that had come to light since the original release. Unfortunately, researching a route - and the land it runs through - as it was in 1915 is not as easy as getting information from Google Earth about the Sherman Hill in 2022.

Understood.  Is the old route (1+GB) still around someplace though?  I'd love to try and download it (has to be better than downloading content from the Trainz Content Manager do-hicky that takes you back to the early 1990's with dial up modem speed downloads).

I've been trying to download all the missing items from one of the scenarios that will work with Sherman Hill and it is painful using the content manager.

Edited by kd8tzc
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, UP844 said:

When we released the old Rollins Pass, we tried to keep the number of CDP files as low as possible.

This meant to pack lots of content in each CDP, as they contained many custom-made structures for the various settlements along the route, as well as the entire locomotive and rolling stock roster for the D&NWP. We received many complaints from U.S. users who had trouble downloading these huge CDP files (1+ GB). We then decided to re-package them in more manageable size and to give the route a thorough refit, adding new features that had come to light since the original release. Unfortunately, researching a route - and the land it runs through - as it was in 1915 is not as easy as getting information from Google Earth about the Sherman Hill in 2022.

i actually have a question about rollins pass. i tried to download the session files and everything, but it gave me dependencies that were missing assets, i tried to find them and i have no clue where i can find them. is the t:ane route of rollins pass still in development?

• 6 months later...

The route and sessions were updated in May 2022 and unfortunately TZIT have not been able to upload them. It is not in my gift to release them through any other site but I will message Chris Gerlach and ask he he can think of any way we can release them because the update is compatible with TRS19 and TRS22.

Bob