Novità: Monolith Cement [SH 2-1a]

Monolith Cement [SH 2-1a]

Switching / branch line run session in Laramie.

You have two EMD GP-9 at Laramie Yard.
Wait for the eastbound manifest, take the empty hoppers from the manifest and replace them with departing boxcars.
Couple to the hoppers and deliver them to the branch line quarry.
Return to the cement plant running light, pick the loaded cement hoppers and bring them to Laramie.
Couple the cement hoppers to the rear of the westbound manifest.

Session duration: 2 hours, 30 minutes

REQUIRES THE SHERMAN HILL V2.1A FREEWARE ROUTE
REQUIRES THE FEF-3 AND CHALLENGER FREEWARE PACKS

Author: Ettore48

Betatesters: DennR, Gigi-mmo, pegaso52, UP844

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to update all the SH2.1a sessions for TRS19 and I have been successful with all except Monolith Cement I have 4 missing dependencies That I do not have any back up for in my archive.

The missing dependencies are: -

<kuid:69593:101092> 
<kuid:69593:101091> 
<kuid:69593:101093> 
<kuid:69593:101118>

I will upload all for UP844 when complete because both SH2.1a and SH3.1 install in TRS19 SP3 beta no problem.

Hello Bob,

the MKs are four consists (named MC-1 to MC4), which are required to have the rolling stock of portal-generated consists listed as session dependencies.

MC_1_to_4.cdp

The locomotives and cars used in these consists should all be available on the DLS or on TrainZItalia. Let me know should any issues arise.

:ciao:

The pre-made consists are not present anywhere: they are the trains that are generated by the Un-portals.

Unfortunately, Trainz does not list the KUIDs of the rolling stock making up portal-generated consists in the session kuid-table (and I see this bug feature is still present in TRS19). Do you remember when we had a huge amount of "red bugs" during the beta testing of the first sessions we made? 99% of them due to some missing cars in the portal-generated consists, so the first version of the Granite Quarry session used only built-in content (in TS2010).

Of course, when TS12 was released, most of the built-in content was not built-in any more, so we then devised this trick, with portals generating pre-made consists. The pre-made consits were then manually added in the kuid-table of the session so that - according to the highest peaks of Ozzy logic - the session requires the pre-made consists as dependencies and the latter, in turn, require the rolling stock they include as dependencies. I know this method sounds (and is) a bit complicated, but after we adopted it the reports about red bugs fell to practically none, as we removed the possibility of having MKs.

We could also have added all the individual KUIDs of all the pieces of rolling stock making up the pre-made consists, but this would have entailed adding several hundreds entries instead of a couple dozen.

In TRS19 SP2 the Un-Portals install with all the cars that are installed in the local DB.  I added the UP844 and FEF after I checked the Un-Portal, and they were added into the consists correctly without the ‘consists’ being available so the behaviour in respect of Un-Portal is different.

What I have found is that if there are any track variations between the TRS12 and TRS19 route then the Un-Portals become unstable showing zero trains at each portal location. The only way I have found to fix this is to correctly reposition all the portal TM including drive via and drive to TM and then copy and paste the rule from the TRS12 route to the TRS19 route.

They also react differently where several portals are in one rule but some portals have no train because they are not used. TRS12 simply ignored the unused portals in the rule but TRS19 requires all portals to be populated. Add the invisible Loco with a driver but no schedule fixes this issue.

1 ora fa, DennR ha scritto:

In TRS19 SP2 the Un-Portals install with all the cars that are installed in the local DB.  I added the UP844 and FEF after I checked the Un-Portal, and they were added into the consists correctly without the ‘consists’ being available so the behaviour in respect of Un-Portal is different.

This also happens in TS12: the trouble starts when the author saves the session as a CDP and another user attempts to use it, as TS12 does not write the KUIDs of the cars making up the portal-generated consists in the session kuid-table.

The session will anyway be reported (in TS12, at least) as a perfectly good one, with no missing dependencies, regardless as to whether the user has all the cars required or not.

Try making a test session in TRS19 with a portal generating a single train made of cars not already present on the map, then look if the KUID of such cars are listed among the session dependencies: if they are listed, there is no need to use the consist trick, otherwise we can only wait until our Ozzy friends fix it (some time before the Sun becomes a nova, I hope :mrgreen:).

1 ora fa, DennR ha scritto:

TRS12 simply ignored the unused portals in the rule but TRS19 requires all portals to be populated.

Ozzy logic vs. European pragmatism :mrgreen:.

• 1 month later...