Hello from Colorado! UP #4014 & a Bull Moose @ Pinecliffe

Hello to my good friends here:

I hope you are all keeping well!

The first image is a bull moose in the South Boulder Creek not even 1000 feet from the RxR crossing at Pinecliffe; the moose was probably less than 600 feet from the Pinecliffe Post Office.

My niece took the photo on her phone when we were driving on Route 72 from Nederland to Wondevu; my niece’s nickname from when she was very little is “Moose”

The second photo I took @ 39th & Wynkoop in Denver. UP #4014 you know well; restored and back out on the rails and lookin pretty good. Very glad to hear bell & horn.

3B0E57F3-B9BD-44CB-B928-69249B084F1F.thumb.jpeg.c8d325c258538011d6580f922fb93072.jpeg427C2828-10D6-4409-B3E0-956F7890D99D.thumb.jpeg.fb3fcb7288e5582588a3c0e2996e177a.jpeg

“rumbling like an earthquake, rousing all,
Law of thyself complete, thine own track firmly holding,
(No sweetness debonair of tearful harp or glib piano thine,)“ 
— To A Locomotive In Winter by Walt Whitman

Ciao, cheers and best regards,

ever your good friend in Lakewood

Owen

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi Owen,

As I have mentioned I have been derailed for a while but like #4014 I am also now back on the track but needing a little more maintenance these days.  I am now spending more time with Trainz and less time doing more exciting things but each thing I try like loading a NASA rocket engine on a flatcar is a struggle. Each thing I try for the first time I have forgotten how to do it and must search the help and Wiki pages for inspiration. Fortunately once I find the answer is remains in the new memory banks.  It is amazing what a reshuffle of the brain can do for a person.

I hope you and yours are all well and achieving good and great things and I hope to post some Trainz screenshots in the near term so watch the club screenshots page.

Best Regards

Bob