TRS 22 Platinum Edition SP3

Today I installed the latest release from N3V and it has failed in several respects.

when you install the "Patch" it is 9.3GB the same as the original install. The installer completes and then the DBR runs with no display so you have no idea it is running. When it completes I get 84 errors (there were none in the previous build).

I open the main window and no routes or sessions show any errors.

I tried several sessions and all those with Un-Portal 2 rules would emit trains. Very disappointing because the Un-Portal rule was working perfectly in all the earlier release of TRS22.

I am disheartened but will continue testing this untested release of the N3V flagship Trainz.

Bob

• Thanks 1

I have an update for the Un-Portal 2 problem. I shut down the PC to go and take my third lot of pills of the day and when I restarted the pills seem to restarted the Un-Portal 2 rules. Closing and opening TRS22 made no difference but after the PC was shut down for 30 minutes and restarted the Un-Portal 2 rule were working normally ( I am not Computer savvy enough to pretend to understand that).

Back to the checking of this latest shambles.

Bob

40 minuti fa, DennR ha scritto:

Closing and opening TRS22 made no difference but after the PC was shut down for 30 minutes and restarted the Un-Portal 2 rule were working normally ( I am not Computer savvy enough to pretend to understand that).

This is more a hardware issue than a Trainz one.

This happens because some code parts (images, for example) remain stored in the cache of the PC.

If you restart or switch off Windows and restart it immediately, the condenser on the mainboard restrains some charge and doesn't clear ALL the memory (Dram).

Someone suggests switching the computer off, detaching the alimentation cord, pushing the computer switcher a couple of times (you will hear a scratch), recoupling the alimentation cord and restarting the computer.

Best ALM

• Like 1