WHITE PASS IS BACK !

• 1 year later...

Hello Jango,

Very beautiful new version of your WPY Route in trainz 2019 !! I am a fervent admirer of your work. It is an honor for me to see that you use my locomotives at the head of your trains. Where can we download this beautiful map (I have the old one)?

Cordialement (in french because i am),

Togog.

Eh bien, enfin un Français à Trainzitalia!

Bienvenue.

Je suis également fan de vos travaux, que je trouve très bien réalisés et fruit de recherches.

La route du White Pass est bloquée, en raison des nombreux objets à convertir en saisonniers et donc enneigés.

Pour la plupart, ils sont des objets Bendorsey, fabriqués avec des critères de Ben, pas facile à convertir.

Beaucoup auraient besoin de la 3D et de l'aide de la communauté.

Dans tous les cas il ne sera pas négligé, au contraire, nous avons TransDEM jusqu'à White Horse.

Sûrement après West of Denver et le Donner Pass, plus de temps lui sera consacré.

Restons en contact. à bientôt

Jango

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello all. This thread makes it sound like they finished the 2019 version of the White Pass Route (in the USA), but I can't find it to download anywhere. Not under "White Pass", nor under WPY. It's not among the 1 USA Route shown. Am I looking in the wrong place(s), please? 

Oops - I just translated Jango's reply and see that it is not available. I'm soooooo disappointed. I spent all my teen years growing up in Alaska, and just two years ago travelled on the White Pass Railroad. I found engines and the passenger cars, which I remember vividly, and was very much looking forward to travelling this route. Is the old, per-2019 version available anywhere?? 

Hello Toolman,

the old WP&Y was made for TS12 and made use of old SpeedTrees, which do not work in T:ANE and later versions. As a consequence, the route "as is" is almost useless (you will have miles and miles of barren mountains). Jango is working on a TRS19 update, but I don't know the current stage of development for this very scenic route.

:ciao:

2 minutes ago, UP844 said:

Hello Toolman,

the old WP&Y was made for TS12 and made use of old SpeedTrees, which do not work in T:ANE and later versions. As a consequence, the route "as is" is almost useless (you will have miles and miles of barren mountains). Jango is working on a TRS19 update, but I don't know the current stage of development for this very scenic route.

:ciao:

Ahhhhh, I see. Thank you very much for that information, UP844! I will just keep checking back periodically. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Greetings!

I see the new White Pass V2 has been uploaded to the DLS by Tonyfrancis. I was ecstatic to see it appear, then heartbroken to see it is version 5.3.  Any chance there will be a TRS19 version? I had seen a lot of updates started in TRS19, but I suppose time moves on and it is just not to be hoped for. I bet it is a fantastic route, but I suppose I will have to be patient until I upgrade to 22. Thanks for all the hard work you folks have put into this route!