Huge Boy?

• 2 weeks later...

I 'might' actually have the original as-downloaded .cdp for them sitting around on any one of about a half dozen external hard drives I have sitting around. Or not. I really don't know for sure either way, or if I could share it if I do find it. I'd be rather useful to know the answer to the second question first. : )

9 ore fa, StarFoxFan11 ha scritto:

Either way, it was said way long ago that a lot of their old stuff was going to be re-released, but some of it never was, including the Huge Boy. So, who knows on that

We are only two people working on restoring the old stuff, ad believe me, it's not simple, since that in more of 13 years we collected thousands of scenery objects and rolling stock.

Most of the steam engines (both Italian and not italian engines) needs a deep revamping in config and engine specs (most of the models were developed still in UTC or TRS 2004) to work properly in the latest Trainz builds.

So, please, take patience.
I'm deeply sorry, but asking for a specific rolling stock it won't make faster its revamping.

10 hours ago, Cancio said:

We are only two people working on restoring the old stuff, ad believe me, it's not simple, since that in more of 13 years we collected thousands of scenery objects and rolling stock.

Most of the steam engines (both Italian and not italian engines) needs a deep revamping in config and engine specs (most of the models were developed still in UTC or TRS 2004) to work properly in the latest Trainz builds.

So, please, take patience.
I'm deeply sorry, but asking for a specific rolling stock it won't make faster its revamping.

I was merely asking about the original model, I was unaware that a new one was being produced. 

No new model is being released: the old model was made for TRS2004 and requires some radical changes to  work without sprouting error messages even in TS2010, not to mention later game versions.

Unfortunately, since Auran/N3V:

1. never clearly explained how steam enginespec works;
  2. likes to change the steam enginespec mechanics every time a new Trainz version is released;

making one of these is a trial-and-error process involving a huge effort and many, many hours of incredibly boring tests: we have many assets to restore and, frankly, a fictional locomotive like the Huge Boy has a very low priority in our plans.

If you really can't live without this loco, please PM me and I will gladly send you the CDP in its current state (I do not guarantee it will work in any Trainz version newer than TRS2004).

:ciao:

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

@Normhart,

Are the UP #8000 and #8003 you showed in this thread from the cdp Carlo mentioned earlier in this thread? I, too, only drive in DCC, so the engine specs won't be a problem, and I would be interested in seeing them. I just wondered if you had a different source cdp then the one Carlo offered. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Bob Morrison

Many years ago I became a Gold Member at TrainzItalia, at that time the Huge Boys were offered along with a few other American locomotives. 

#8003 came in huge_boy_8003.zip dated 4/19/2013 and contained Huge_Boy_8003.cdp dated 1/14/2008

#8000 is contained in UP8000_Huge_Boy_v2.cdp dated 9/30/2007

I am not authorized to distribute these assets and your best bet would be to take up UP844 on his very generous offer.

@Normhart,

Just wanted to let you know. Carlo sent me his file, and it contained both the #8000 and the #8003. He said he wasn't sure if he had included all the dependencies, but the files were complete, and ran fine in TANE and TS2019, just DCC, of course. Thanks for the pictures, and the suggestion.

Bob Morrison

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, robertm said:

@Normhart,

Just wanted to let you know. Carlo sent me his file, and it contained both the #8000 and the #8003. He said he wasn't sure if he had included all the dependencies, but the files were complete, and ran fine in TANE and TS2019, just DCC, of course. Thanks for the pictures, and the suggestion.

Bob Morrison

Here's mine: NewYorkCentral@aol.com

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

If you are, like me, interested into "big" steam power, I think you'll appreciate this.

I made it several years ago, 10 at least, and she shows all theyr years, but I think, I will take some steps to correct at least the biggest error (the greeen on some wheels)

Best ALM

multi.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ALM said:

Hi there!

If you are, like me, interested into "big" steam power, I think you'll appreciate this.

I made it several years ago, 10 at least, and she shows all theyr years, but I think, I will take some steps to correct at least the biggest error (the greeen on some wheels)

Best ALM

You bet.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...