TRS19 SP5 Beta 119543 has Serious Issues

I have update an install of TRS19 to the latest Beta release and there are some good fixes in it but there are still some updates to DLS paid for routes and sessions that have not yet been fixed.

And sadly I noticed on the Auran forum that others were reporting a derail on coupling error. I tested it and in several DLC routes and sessions the session will run until a coupling is required and when you try to couple the whole train derails. I suspect that this happens because the track is displaced by a pixel or two and the stationary consist is already in jepordy.

The problem also occurs if you set up two consists and set a couple command.

I think SP5 might still be chick trying to break out of it's shell with a blunt beak.

We now have Release Candidate build 116009 and I spent about 1 hour testing it and the good news is that this fixes the derail on coupling.

The bad news is that ghost rolling stock can be created and if you try to edit it in surveyor TRS19 build 11609 crashes to desktop. If you couple to it in player and then try to move it, it will derail.

Worst news is I cannot report this with the bug report form because it does not recognise this build number so I had to submit it on a ticket. I do hope they can release a new and better Release Candidate. :bho:

Il mio aggiornamento è andato a farsi benedire perché non parte il rebuild database e di conseguenza trainz non si avvia.

Tony mi ha risposto così:

>>
Quali passaggi hai eseguito per quanto riguarda l'applicazione di patch, la ridenominazione, ecc.?
Suggerisco di creare una nuova cartella dati locale e riavviare Trainz.
Un errore di avvio del rendering potrebbe anche indicare una patch non riuscita (sebbene sarebbe sorprendente se non ricevessi alcun errore), quindi in tal caso scaricherei di nuovo da MyTrainz e applicherei nuovamente la patch.

>>

Io, qualche errore l'ho segnalato ma forse non viene considerato tale

Trainz ha riscontrato il seguente errore:
211223.08:53:171531 TrainzRenderCommandThread::Proc> avvio del motore non riuscito
3 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Ox0000000105fa5ef7 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2399991
4 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 CjPN101Guytraverse1Guy1011cEeEerkyl
rK13Px1lVeeeer3rklgs415
5 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 0x0000000105fe93d6 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2675670
6 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 0x0000000105fa7197 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2404759
7 Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Ox0000000105fe861f Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 + 2672159
8 libsystem_pthread.dylib Ox00007fff203188fc epthread_start + 224
9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff20314443 thread_start + 1

:bho:

Fortunatamente 2022 è installato su un SSD a parte e quindi non crea problemi a TRS19 (e comunque ho una copia di backup di tutto). A questo punto aspetto la versione definitiva e faccio una istallazione pulita.

:ciao:

gigi-mimo.

I did see your report, I thought that Tony's reply was worthless and I fear he had not read your message but simply assumed your issue was the basic installation problem others have had.

I do agree with you we need a stable release for years to come not a rush release just for Christmas.

Over night I have a reply from the bottom of the World and it reads "Thanks for the report. We've reproduced the issue and will sort this out in the next update.

Kind Regards

N3V Games Support Team"

Note there is no mention of the problem with the bug report!

Today I have sent another Bug report and this time the new Beta versions have been added so clearly a kick in the right place has some effect.:mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

I think there is a common issue in the Trainz program that is causing several of the problems we see in the latest TRS19 Beta and the TRS22 Beta release.

There are reports and my experience of derailed AI and Player rolling stock , then there are repotes of consists being displaced off the maps.

There are then other reports that when people try and use the new surveyor 2 that the different layers are not independent of each other and that consists in the session layer influence the tracks in the route layer. I suspect that the converse is also true and that adjusting the tracks in the route layer can displace a consist that is placed on that track spline.

I now think that whatever has caused the basic issue with interdependant layers is the fundamental or at least a major factor in causing all the diplaced consists I and many others on the Auran forums are experiencing.

We eagarly await the next Beta or Release Candidates of both versions of TRS.

:bho:

Il 21/12/2021 alle 22:31, DennR ha scritto:

I have update an install of TRS19 to the latest Beta release and there are some good fixes in it but there are still some updates to DLS paid for routes and sessions that have not yet been fixed.

And sadly I noticed on the Auran forum that others were reporting a derail on coupling error. I tested it and in several DLC routes and sessions the session will run until a coupling is required and when you try to couple the whole train derails. I suspect that this happens because the track is displaced by a pixel or two and the stationary consist is already in jepordy.

The problem also occurs if you set up two consists and set a couple command.

I think SP5 might still be chick trying to break out of it's shell with a blunt beak.

Desideravo spiegare il motivo per cui ho messo la faccina <Ah! Ah!>.Non era rivolto in nessun modo all'utente, in quanto tale, perché  non rido delle vicissitudini negative altrui.  Ma era rivolto al programma, in quanto una colossale ciofeca, questa è come sempre una mia personale opinione e non vuole essere per forza l'opinione di tutti. Questo ci tenevo a dirlo, perché sembra che aver messo <Ah! Ah!> avessi deriso Denn....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have posted several messages about issues with TRS22 on the Auran forum and The CEO has never replied to any of them.
Yesterday I posted this
"I am pleased to see that the latest Beta release has addressed some of the major issues I have seen and reported from 115628. and I look forward to the next public release.
I do not have a subscription because I took advantage of a first class ticket for life several years ago and it still has over 5400 days to run and I don't think I have that many days left to run. I also do not want any additional DLC packages so I simply cannot see the value in a subscription for me. That is why I watch with great interest the progress but do not participate in the very valuable Beta test phases of development until they become open to us mere buyers of the Trainz updates."

Over night I got a reply
"Hi Bob - you get a $24/yr discount on your membership with your lifetime FCT. Also the TRS22 update shouldn't be too long
Tony Hilliam"

So today I have made my point very clear for Mr Hilliam, lets see what he thinks of this
"Thanks for that Tony but I had already factored that in to my calculation and it goes like this:-

TRS22 purchase $69.99 less $20 discount. $49.99 Paid

Trainz Plus $69.49 less $24 discount. $45.49 Nett

Cost to me for Year one would be $ 95.48 with an ongoing cost of $45.49 per annum at todays price.

I am sorry that simply does not add up for me, I will live with the exclusion from immediate Beta access but that won't stop me from reporting issues as and when I do find them."

• Like 1

Another Beta and many of the same issues from the earlier SP5 Beta releases. I have now tried 116210 and there are some improvements which get us back to how SP4 worked before the integration with TRS22 Beta code. Unfortunately, many more issues have not been addressed and do not appear in the list of known issues that accompany this release.

So, while Carlo runs away, I walk forwards, and I have sent is a batch of bug reports for the boys to have a look at in a few hours’ time when they arrive at work. I did however miss one bug which I have just posted a message on the Auran forum about. If the message fails to get a reply from N3V I will have to send another bug report because I refuse to give up. After all it took, them 10 days to make their minds up to deport the number one tennis player from Auss so Trainz bugs will always take a long time.

N3V QA Team replied to my bug reports and given that the name TRS2019 is a give away as to when the version was released the replies are a little bit of a concern although not a surprise.

First reply "Hi Bob. Yes there are quite a few things like this on our list to fix. I'll see if it can be raised up the priority list."

Second Reply :testa: "As with my earlier reply - there is a task open and it's on a [long] list of things to fix."

I did not add the [] around the word long and that is what concerned me!!!!:bho:

The bug report form requests the current release and the release when first identified and for both of those the release when first noticed (and in my case reported) was TANE SP4 and they are still not fixed.:testa::testa:

There is now clear evidence that the TRS19 SP5 update and the TRS22 Beta updates are being developed in parallel and that when somthing is broken or fixed it appears in both versions so I assume that means that all the [long] list of broken parts in TRS19 are also broken in TRS22:azz:

The Joys of Trainz,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Another update, this time it was heralded as the "Final Release Candidate" but I discovered that it was blocking access to the authentication servers so my account was not recognised although the Trains setting said my account was OK. To fix it I had to log out and reset my details . Others reported it on the Forum but as I like to poke them I sent in a bug report and N3V have not replied to the BR and the "Final Release Candidate" has not been released so maybe it is not a final release candidate.:bho::bho::bho:

• 2 weeks later...

N3V have now released the "Final Final Release Candidate" for SP5 and I read what Mr. H had to say. I am afraid I took exception to his narrow minded understanding of the number of versions us users still use and so I replied to his post and this was what I said

Final-Final SP5 Release Candidate now available (auran.com)

I have not yet updated to this release but I will let you know what I think after the update.

So my question would be "why do you want TRS19 installed when TRS22 Trainz Plus offers more features and (apart from a very limited set), no missing features?"

Because it works better? :rotfl:

I greatly appreciated G.M. post stating "I would be glad to beta test if I knew what to test" :rotfl:

:ciao:

3 minuti fa, UP844 ha scritto:

É probabile che la localizzazione non sia ancora stata implementata, per lo meno non del tutto: sul proprio forum N3V sta disperatamente cercando traduttori :mrgreen: per una dozzina di lingue.

All'epoca dello sviluppo di TANE, avevano traduttori di molte lingue, personalmente avevo uno che parlava benissimo l'italiano all'epoca degli avatar, poi se li hanno licenziati affari loro.